Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

It rained almost all night and was foggy again this morning as we left Hales Bar Marina in Alabama and traveled north on the Tennessee River and across Bennett Lake bound for Chattanooga, Tennessee.  This area of the Tennessee River is known as the Grand Canyon of the South for it's beautiful mountains and bluffs.  Had the weather been better, the photos would have been better, as well.

We arrived at the Marine Max bluffs dock in downtown Chattanooga around noon today and were met by the manager of the marina, who helped us tie up.   Also meeting us was Hal Baker, who is the Loop Port Captain for Chattanooga.  Hal is a very personable helpful friend who came on board and gave us a packet of information, told us important information about his hometown, Chattanooga,  and loaned us the the key to a rental car he has been using.  How very thoughtful. 

We drove less than ten miles to Lookout Mountain, Georgia -- or should I say "Joejah?" to the Incline Railway -- the steepest in the world, Rock City where you can view 7 states at the overlook, and Ruby Falls - breathtaking falls within an amazing cave.  These magnificent attractions are all in the same vicinity.  We spent the entire day sightseeing.  Too bad I forgot to wear my pedometer.  It would be interesting to know how many miles we walked -- I think probably six.  

In any event, I am in the process of using my card recovery program to recover 100 photos I inadvertently deleted -- those of the incline railway and some from Rock City.  This is a great program that has saved by bacon many times when I've deleted all sorts of things I later needed.  And speaking of saving one's bacon -- got an email from Joyce and Lane this evening advising us, in case we didn't know -- and we didn't -- that Chattanooga is in the eastern time zone, not the central time zone that we've been in for the past several weeks.  So we essentially had dinner at 8:00 PM and will lose an hour of sleep tonight!  Arrrrghhhh!

I'll post photos tomorrow...as I write this, my wonderful card recovery program is recovering my lost photos.  Once I have them restored, I'm heading to bed.   As they say in show biz, "Goodnight, Gracie."

No comments:

Post a Comment