Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner when we're wearing shorts and flip flops.  Tomorrow Ralph flies to New Jersey to pick up his car and drive it back to Florida.   Finally everything we own will be in one place.  He'll be home Sunday evening. 

Meanwhile, Striper and I will be off our leashes for a couple days. I have plans to paint an old  ratty dresser I've wanted to paint for years and I also want to finish baking and getting packages ready to ship to  the kids and grandkids.  

The past few weeks I have been lobbying for a live Christmas tree and Ralph has opposed it.  However, we heard on the local news earlier this week that SW FL is being cautioned about infestation of spider mites and aphids on Christmas trees coming into this area.  So, now I am opposed, as well.  I didn't even use live greens in my wreaths. 


Here are a few pictures of today's projects:


Our front door

The only Christmas tree we're going to have

Today I was baking and Striper placed herself strategically

Butterballs

Swedish pecans

Pizzelles -- Striper's personal favorite

2 comments:

  1. Hmm! Smells good all the way over here on the east coast!

    Glad to see you are still writing once in a while on the blog.

    Jeff and Karen Siegel from the DF53 aCappella and active captain are coming over to Casa Full Step tonight for dinner. Since I know you guys are friends I’ll make sure to say hello on your behalf.

    The DeFever world is a small one, but one worth belonging to.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike: Mmmmmm...good smells from my kitchen for sure. Mr. W. called about 2 hours ago he was about to stop for lunch in NC, so he is purring along.

      Karen and Jeff are the best -- please send my love to them both and pats for Dylan and Dyna.

      Back to painting a second coat on that dresser.
      Celeste

      Delete