Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We have learned that backtracking where we've been is not as much fun as seeing new places for the very first time.   However, the last time we were in The Grand Canyon of the South a week or so ago, it was foggy and gray.  Today it was sunny and splendid. The scenery is spectacular in the sunshine.
 
We're at Ditto Landing Marina in Huntsville, AL having locked through two locks (one yesterday and one today) and traveled 45 miles.  We skyped this afternoon with Betsy and the cherubs -- what a wonderful thing it is to chat with them and see those angelic little faces, and I include Betsy in that comment.

Dinner this evening was a little something I picked up to try -- Jack Daniels Beef Brisket -- a frozen entree for two.  I served it with baked potatoes, peas and a salad and it was delicious and it got rave reviews from Mr. Wonderful.  I'd definitely buy it again -- got it at Wal-Mart -- in fact, I bought it last week when we were here at Ditto Landing when Nick, an employee of the marina, took us to Wal-Mart for groceries.  

An update on Ralph's mom is that she is progressing very well in the progressive rehab facility and it might be only a matter of weeks until she comes home.  Tomorrow will mark 2 months since she had the accident.  She sounds perky and happy and ready to go home.  Thank you for your prayers for her -- more, please!!

Now we are settling down to watch the first of the presidential debates.  Here are a few photos from today:

Striper wonders why I'm not doing something with food in the galley.

I took a close-up of this odd area this time through the area.

Today was a perfect fall day

The Painted Bluff

Each day the foliage is more colorful

A variety of ducks live at Ditto Landing in Huntsville, AL

These are Muscovy Ducks (sometimes called Muskogee Ducks)

Tonight's back yard

6 comments:

  1. I’ve seen that Jack Daniels Brisket in the Publix so I’ll give it a try.

    You asked about “Joe and Punk”. Their boat is the GN 37 “Carolyn Ann”. They are currently downbound on the Ohio, just a few hundred miles north of the Ohio/Tenn intersection. Talk about backtracking - 920 miles on the Ohio. It would drive me crazy.

    I think Ralph knows Joe Pica, either in person or via email. We've cruised a lot of miles next to Joe.

    I doubt you’ll run into them since Joe is determined to do the full length of the Miss. Carolyn-Ann has a Spot transmitter and I look forward to following his progress.

    Great pictures tonight. Thanks.

    Good news about Ralphs mom. Pray for more.

    Mike T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike: I think we may have talked about Carolyn Ann before -- we have friends who have a boat named Carole Ann and I had them mixed up. Backtracking 920 miles is a lot. And yes, Ralph does know Joe.

      Ralph is overjoyed at your comment that Publix has Jack Daniels brisket -- I shop at the Publix near our house in Cape Coral so I hope they have it there, too. I should have mentioned we also tried the Jack Daniels pulled pork and it's very good, as well -- made wonderful sandwiches.

      Thank you for your continued prayers for Ralph's mom, I think she may be able to come home soon.
      C.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the deleted post above -- that was my original response to you, Mike and I added a paragraph about backtracking in the middle and then put my initial after it and neglected to proofread. My last two paragraphs followed and it looked weird. So it's nothing earthshaking. The above is my entire message.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Celeste,
    love the photos that your posting on the blog. But the Iron??? I don't think that qualifies as a tool aboard a cruising vessel. It should be totally outlawed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle: Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! I've ironed 4 pieces in 5 months. You know laundry is my life!!

      How is Dick coming along?? xo
      C.

      Delete