Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In the dark this morning, we left Chattanooga, Tennessee.  It was drizzling rain and windy almost all day as we traveled through one of the most beautiful sections of the Tennessee River known as The Grand Canyon of the South.  We are backtracking for a few days to get back to Iuka, Mississippi where the Tennessee and Tombigbee Rivers merge into the "Tenn-Tom Waterway" which will eventually take us to the Gulf.  

We traveled 10-1/2 hours covering 86 miles today and are once again in Goose Pond Marina in Scottsboro, Alabama.  Chattanooga is in the Eastern time zone and Scottsboro is in the Central time zone.  We will be in the Central time zone until we reach the Gulf.  Upon arrival this afternoon I did two loads of laundry.  All day I had been cooking sauerkraut and kielbassa in the crock pot and we enjoyed it for dinner tonight -- a good meal for a chilly day.

Despite the gray day, we had a beautiful sunset.  I couldn't decide on tonight's back yard, so I posted all of them.  


Leaving Chattanooga in the dark this morning

A small farm along the Tennessee River

The beautiful beginnings of fall

The Grand Canyon of the South

Tonight's back yard 

Tonight's back yard 

Tonight's back yard 

4 comments:

  1. Not very chatty tonight....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha!! That's what Ralph said. I think I wore myself out the past couple days in Chattanooga!!

      Delete
  2. I liked the photo of the tree lit up by the setting sun best, although it was a close call. All are good.

    So I guess from now on it’s all down hill?

    I had hoped that you would meet up with another of my real world friends “Joe and Punk” but it looks like they are headed down the Miss to N.O.

    Keep posting, and I’ll keep reading. Melissa follows too, although how she does it on that little smartphone screen is beyond me.

    Mike T.
    Palm Coast FL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike: I liked them all. It was odd, it was so gray and dreary all day, then I looked out and a ray of sunshine fell on those trees, so I grabbed my camera and took that photo. Ralph and I were walking up to the laundromat to move the clothes from the washers to the dryers and I saw the cloud reflection and ran back for the camera. As we were going toward the laundromat, that mottled sky was in front of us and I had the camera. I liked them all.

      Yes, all "downbound" as they say, from now on. What's the name of Joe and Punk's boat? You never know who you'll run into.

      Ralph has a smart phone too and does everything on it. I don't know how he does it either -- I can't see well enough for one of those -- and I'm also not smart enough for a smart phone.
      C.

      Delete